Sunday 15 April 2007

Sunday - 15 April

Today is tax day in the USA, the final day to get your annual tax return submitted. I suppose it will be tomorrow as today is Sunday.

Well, it is finally beautiful weather again, no chill in the air as has been the case up until two days ago. Today there is bright sunny skies, light clouds, light breeze and very comfortable.

Our three rooms all had breakfast promptly this morning and then departed, having had a good meal last night with us and then a restful evening. Today we have three new rooms staying one, two and three nights respectively. We also had a few tables for lunch so not a bad day.

Then we had some of the village people come in and request to have a hen night here next weekend. Ivan is making a wedding cake for this couple who are getting married on 19 May and who have booked Suite 11 for the night. The wedding cake will be for 300 people; we are also invited to the wedding. Well, the ladies that came into this afternoon are looking to have a despedido soltera, as we say in Spanish, for 25 women next Saturday night. That should be a loud night, I would expect. Ivan will make a cake appropriate for the occasion as well and they said they were going to have a male dancer come in too, a first for us in this hotel! I like first time things.

I was hoping to have a first time thing on 27 April with a music group but I have not yet heard back from the musician after waiting for 3 days and having left two messages and one SMS. I think I will have to change that date as I don't think I will have enough time to publicize the event to get enough of an audience. oh well.

Anyway, just a short entry for the moment to cover the weekend's activities.

Ciao for now.