Thursday 1 March 2007

01 March

AS I mentioned in my last post, I get these fraudulent emails.... here's an example of one received today:
On 01/03/2007 19:37:58, George Clark (george01clark@yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam
I want to make a reservation in your rooms for 6 delegates.
So we would need an accomodation from the 9th of April to 14th April 2007.
If the rooms are available do calculate and get back to me the total cost for 6 single or 3 double rooms including breakfast and tax. Awaiting your response. Regards, Dr.George Clark Phone +44-702-401-3213

SO I ask, is this a real person? Is that a real UK telephone number? The word "urgent" was omitted in this text showing that maybe someone is editing it and perhaps even thinking.

Yesterday, I received the following email:
"----- Original Message -----
From: "paul girlings" paul4girlings@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:55 PM
Subject: booking enquiry!!!
Hello there I want to make reservation for i and my 14yrs old daughter that would be coming to your country on vacation i would need just a room for 2weeks starting from the 4th of May to the 18th of May 2007,get back to me ASAP with the total cost in EURO so that reservation can be made...i hope you accept credit card as a
means of payment... PAUL +447045702971 "

ONCE again, it has that format that appears suspicious to me. I responded to this one as if it were a real booking query but, I mentioned that we do not accept advanced payments in any form and credit cards are only charged in the event of a cancellation in accordance with our cancellation policy. Naturally I have not heard back from.... "Paul".

TODAY was another gorgeous day here in Juzcar. When I drove into Ronda this morning, it became very foggy by Parauta and all the way into Ronda. By the time I returned, the sun had come out but it was still nicer here in Juzcar. I did a lot of shopping today, buying some chicken filets, cheese which we ran out of and I forgot to buy last week, dog food (not for clients of course, hehe) and a few other things. I forgot to buy legs of lamb, something we should always have on the menu as it is a favorite of our diners.

WE had a few people for lunch today as well. Yesterday, Andalucia Day, we had a few for lunch as well... not a cracking business that we hoped for but something more than a normal Wednesday nevertheless. Today we had two parties of clients drop in unexpectedly, one from Cadiz, the other from San Pedro. The ladies from San Pero have been before for lunch and said they are recommending us to all their friends as the food here is really quite good. The other couple from Cadiz drove up to have some lunch and say hello. They stayed in the hotel back in December along with their 3 year old daughter.

I also found out today that the meeting with the UK consultant is on for sure next Tuesday. I am now awaiting the agenda to see what we're discussing exactly.

More later.
Hasta la proxima!
David